Combines R 72 Transmission

Hyper_Harvest_II

Silverluv, When you cleaned your magnet did it have a fare amount of silver on itIJ This used to be a common accurance for all the machine we serviced until we went to using synthetic oil. I still recommend draining and changing oil every year even with the synthetic but when we clean the magnet,there is hardly any film of silver material. If you have ever seen one of these trans. apart you would see that the pinion washers are no bigger than a 190XT differential. Think of the amount of pressure put on these small washer when turning or in the mud. Synthetic oil is about twice the cost of standard hyd. oil but the amount of wear reduction and the cost of a trans. rebuild are two things you need to think about. I use Amsoil synthetic trans. fluid. You mentioned a pressure gauge in the cab for the trans.,I would rather have a trans. temp guage in the cab as this would be a better indication of friction. We have lowered trans. oil temps 40-60 degres with the synthetic oil. My 2 cents worth, Hyper Harvest II

silverluv

Can I tap into the pump port for a temp sensor or is there another spot on the transmission that I can use for a temp gauge. What does the temp normally run on the transmissionIJ There was some silver stuff on the magnet, but not anymore than normal. The oil just seemed more dirty than normal. I don't know why they don't have a temp gauge on the transmission. Is there ever much trouble with the pump.

NDDan

We had some differential trouble prior to 1990 when in real bad continuous mud. Differential beafed up about that time and have had no trouble since. I think you could install a temp sender at port for pump pressure if you wanted. Don't know what it should run but surely not more than 100 degree F above ambient air. I was disapointed when we lost trans pressure warning light but never had a problem. We had some of those plastic magnets turn to mush back in the '80s which pluged to suction to pump. Sure nice to have warning light then. Make sure you don't have leaks and you shouldn't have to work about pump doing its trick. I highly doubt you have a problem going on. You maybe had oil stired up better this time when you drained it. If worried you could pull differential with trans in place and have it checked out. Check for bullitons if you pull apart for I remember seeing something on a change of bolts. Must of been a problem somewhere sometime. Good luck