Combines Wil the R85 have a 16 row corn headerIJ

MF_9790

Hey, I want to know where you are getting all this information about a R85 coming outIJ My salesman at our dealer told us that if a R85 was to come out it wouldn't be much bigger than the R75 unless they changed the design. Good topic, MF 9790

Rooster

The current design of the Gleaner does not permit it to go any larger (US width restrictions over-the-road). As a possible replacement or alternative to the R series, AGCO was attempting to make a gleaner version of the Massey to satisfy those who prefer silver paint over red paint (which is really all AGCO, a choice of color). This release was almost realized but held off in lieu of the Challenger launch. I doubt very seriously that you will see combine products with much greater productivity than what AGCO currently has today. They are planning the release of a 35' platform header, but as far as combines go, they really haven't the resources to do anything revolutionary. The only advanced harvesting group that AGCO had was Dronningborg in Europe, and AGCO has discontiuned most of that group and now has laverda trying to satisfy the Euro Massey walker market. Dronningborg could have really helped out the North American AGCO combines.

Red_Painter

I've heard of a class 8 Challenger that's supposed to come out in the near future (referring to a recent published article and probably will not be just in a yellow version-probably Massey design) and some sort of class 9 Agco combine in somewhat more distant future. As far as the 16 row corn head, isn't the Claas a claas 9 machine. I would expect an R85 would be a little small for that size of corn head in most corn areas as it would not be a class 9 machine.

Red_Painter

I've heard of a class 8 Challenger that's supposed to come out in the near future (referring to a recent published article and probably will not be just in a yellow version-probably Massey design) and some sort of class 9 Agco combine in somewhat more distant future. As far as the 16 row corn head, isn't the Claas a claas 9 machine. I would expect an R85 would be a little small for that size of corn head in most corn areas as it would not be a class 9 machine.