Combines Gleaner resale

Silver_Bullet

In the past few years I have noticed that the reasle value on Gleaners is surpassing other brands. That's good if you own one, maybe not so good if your trying to buy one! I think the reason for the better resale value is the fact people are finding out that a Gleaner will last longer and be a little less expensive to maintain later on in the combines life.

Gleamer

One of the differences is Deere and Case flooded the market with lease plans that were attractive to custom harvesters and commercial farmers during those years. The results are tons of used units around which is great for the medium and smaller farms. It results in a situation where supply is larger than demand and price suffers. Agco did not have the agressive plan as the others and probably not the production capacity either. They stayed the course as the company was changing hands etc. Which with a good product still brings a good price. The latest chassis and cab from 1992 on should hold values for a long time................

Southpaw

long term parts availabilty seems to be better than the green guys around here. Grain sample and loss on the hills we have here is also and issue. Also, as I stated in an earlier post, if you are the operator and the mechanic, the choice to go Gleaner becomes clear.

mo

Southpaw, Drop me an e-mail and we'll talk about the hillside issue.