Combines R72 helicals ect

Trit

"Agco could double the thickness and double the life at little cost." Makes sense to most of us, but from another point of view: Why on Earth would they do thatIJ The sooner the machine wears out, the sooner they can sell you* a new one, assuming you* go back to AGCO. *By "you", I mean "consumer".

NDDan

No problem with 3_16" if you want for I have shimmed a full set of steep pitch by 1_4" all the way threw. That was one of the efforts before the sweeps to flow the edible bean straw. That machine is still setup that way after many years and run many crops. I would suggest something more like 1_8" shim and maybe even protrude shim out flow side of helical. Seemed like shiming helicals higher than they allready are in edible beans just made it grumble loader. Protruding of the shim will likely help of much or more than the new height of helical. Your right on the shielding to prevent seeds from puckering up into joint area. I have noticed some loss of canola and flax from up in that area. I know of at least one guy that installed a baffle to prevent this. I had played quite alot with distribution auger troughs when in grass before sweeps. Once we started flowing straw like we should the distribution was no problem even without any troughs installed. I would say in your hills you would want to at least have the factory ones installed. Install the first extra one on left side if trouble there and install the right one that used to be standard untill approx. '96 if trouble on that side. I think you'll find if you get her hyperized to flow the straw the troughs won't matter much. I believe the thin material that elevator is made of is some sort of high wear metal. We have had very little problem with wearing them out. I would suggest you make sure chain is centered if you wore out one side or the other. I think you'll find the price is right on factory replacement and it won't be hard to install. Good luck

tbran

I have not experienced but two replacements of the tailings chutes due to wear. In both cases the grate under the chopper was broke and worn thus dumping eccessive material eventually into tailings. I have replaced a couple more due to total plugging with green onions in soybeans. loose chains will also wear em out. Otherwise no problmems. I checked a 2000 hour machine we have, no wear, my 3000+ hour R50 still has origional. Conditions necessitating high volume of tailings do not exist in our area.

R_O_M

If you have reason to work on the bottom end of the tailings and _ or the grain elevator, use 5mm. bolts instead of pop rivets to bolt it all back together. The 5mm bolts are a good neat fit in the pop rivet holes. Makes it a doodle to take apart the next time. Cheers!