Combines NEW combines

Scouter_Ed

I'm in southern Manitoba, Dealer had a new book from being down to the showing, only let each dealer have one book, grain pan instead of augers, more cleaning area, bigger fan, 48 in feeder throat, AFX rotor, same size rotor, combine looks nice, pre settings for each crop, just push a button and settings are set and drive. Just hope it feeds better than the old ones.

budworm

I didn't see it but my dad saw the picture of it at our local dealer. There were only two models that he saw might be more. The new rotor drive will be the (cvt) continualys variable transmission, only 5 belts on the whole machine including the two on the motor and a self-leveling cleaning system. Thats about all I now for now other than our dealer will have one to sell this fall. Hope this helps. Benn Stahl

dakota

Ford is known for that. Just bought a brand new Dodge four door, diesel for roughly $36,000. Sure your Ford crewcab has more room, still sounds like a rip off. The other thing is, as long as there are enough people buying all this junk, the manufacturers could care less. It is like all the bitshing on some sites here. Ask around how many of those "bitshers" actually went to the CEO's and complained and did something.

R_O_M

I have been around combines for about 50 years, 37 of them on Allis _ Agco. I can not comment on J.D. Case, Challenger or N.H.'s field performance as I have not driven them enough. But they frighten the hell out of me with their complication. When they break, and if it shakes, rattles and rolls it will break, we have to fix them. With the AGCO machines, a box of spanners and a few other tools and you can have her stripped down in a few hours and yet we still get superb performance from these machines. The designers dictum should be "KISS". Keep It Simple Stupid ! The other color's design engineers have never learn't this simple lesson.

Brian

I like the looks of them. Always thought highly of their design. looks like big improvements in things like final drives, grain tank, clean grain conveyor, and cylinder bars. Still can't believe they didn't add a variable speed header drive and looks like unloading auger is too small and especially short for custom cutters. Never had any Massey but like their version of red.

Farmer_Ed

I can't say that I agree with you on this matter. I've ran several different types and brands of combines and I can tell you several things about them all, good and bad. To keep it in a nutshell, the conventional Gleaner was simple to fix things but they do have a higher frequency of repair. We still have Gleaner but switched to another brand and there is day and night difference. We looked at all machines and felt this was the simplest and most reliable machine on the market (Mind you we bought it used). The Gleaner has moving parts galore compared to this one and the JD's are a nightmare under the sheet metal (although anything would be an improvement over the goofy side cab combines!, although they switched to a rotor design, they have longevity problems, but do have tremendous capacity. Gleaner has remained a fairly simple machine but there is much improvement to them. I did look at a rotor MF combine and they are the same as the old White rotor and they are probably the simplest machine out there from what I've seen, but since they need a better dealer network we opted with another brand. Very happy with this combine and even though it's not perfect, I think it was the best decision without a doubt! let me know if you need more info. on any combine. I have the breakdown of all brands.

swtvid

I look at the 670 Challenger at the local cat dealer; they have demod it quite a bit so I would say they are making them now. Good Harvest Swtvid

dustyr72

Hey R.O.M. tell us what kind of machine it is that you have had good luck with!!! THANK YOU!!!

new_kid

The cat ag dealer in burlington Co. sold a new Challenger 470 for corn harvest. they said there where a couple on the wheat run running with the new masseys.

R_O_M

Red face here! 27 years with Allis_ Agco machines, not 37! [ 1 ] J.D 95 roundback. Probably the worst machine we have owned but that is not a criticism of the current JD's [ 2 ] Oz manufactured S.P. A very good machine but due to the very small Oz market could not compete with U.S. and Euro. manufacturers. Out of business. [ 3 ] 1976. 2 of l2's. Very good. Hotted their performance up by about 15% by replacing the flat sheet on the rear of the concave, under the beater, with a cell grate. Walkers, like all walker machines around here, were their weak point. [ 4 ] 83 N7. Went like a cut cat! Very high capacity in cereals. Reliability terrible when the hours got up. I believe later N's were much better. Allis C. were out of money at that time. [ 5 ] 94 R62. lots of Hyper mods. Best machine so far, in all crops. Easy to work on. Reliable. Cummins is on the low power side with a full tank and has a few question marks on its reliability. No experience on other colors but truckies always express surprise at the amount of grain that comes off with the 62. Experienced silo operators tell us they can pick Gleaners by the cleanliness of their sample and the lack of damaged kernels. The nut behind the wheel, the operator, makes or breaks a machine, regardless of color. Apologies for the long post.