Combines NEW combines

lONGFEllOW

MY DEERE REP SAID THE CHANGES WIll BE SIMIlAR TO THE CHANGES FROM THE 20 SERIES COMBINE TO THE TITAN II COMBINES. NOTHING DRASTIC, JUST A FEW MINOR CHANGES FOR NOW. DOESN'T SOUND lIKE A ROTOR IS IN THE NEAR FUTURE. WE DON'T NEED A ROTOR. THE CONVENTIONAl COMBINE STIll PERFORMS AS WEll OR BETTER IN MOST HARVESTING CONDITIONS IF THE OPERATOR HAS THE ABIlITY TO MAKE MINOR ADJUSTMENTS AS CROP CONDITIONS CHANGE

Dman2388

I guess it was worth the move from the 2188s to 2388s. More power, plus quieter too. I guess the harvest has speeded up some. Thats pretty much the biggest different between the 21 and 23 series. The rest is the same. Hope this helps.

JHEnt

Yes it is true Case IH will have a new larger single rotor combine. The engineers are currently working on putting the single rotor onto the new NH chassis and drivetrain. If you want an idea of what it could look like there are photos of the new NH twin rotor on the New Holland talkshow page. Take a look at it. I guess thats what you call Europian styling. I personally don't care for it much. If you have seen pictures of CaseIH's new corn head you will see that it is New Hollands corn head but red instead of yellow.

statboy44

Thanks for the info. I have seen the new corn heads, and I believe that current design of the Axail- flow is better then that new design, do you know when they will be outIJ

JHEnt

It supposed to be middle to late next year or even into the year after before the NH twin rotor is availble to dealers so I would guess it will take them a little longer to prototype and build the single rotor version for CaseIH.

Bigred

Here are some of the differences from the 2188 compared to the 2388.

Dairyman

Sebas, I think anything with the Deutz name or associated with Deutz will have a tough time being sold in the US market. Many of us were very unhappy with KHD's treatment of the American farmers and dealers when they bought Allis-Chalmers. They have a fine tractor and we own two of them, but even with the stong US$, Deutz parts are incredibly expensive - example:plastic brake fluid reservoir (jar) $110. I think there are just too many good choices from other manufacturers today for Deutz to sell a significant number of machines in the US.

FlEXHEAD

last thing I heard was 2004 - some unints will probably be running around fall 2003. bigger, faster, stronger.......

DeereStroyer

By 2004 they'll be owned by agco so what r they going to doIJ