Combines Ahhhhhhhhhhh

bucko

looks like it could be as long as 2 weeks before cereals can be harvested, and the pasture is so high in the SW corner of NSW that they can't find the locusts. This farming is good fun alright!

Krawler

We had the same situation here in Canada, hopefully you don't get it for a month straight. Good luck down under so you can get the crop in good shape!

Pengs5

Hey there thanks for the consideration. While we have your Canadian attention i would like to know how you Canadians deal with down tangled crops IJ Do you windrow wheat for instance even if ripe. I remember a lot of windrowing when iwas there 14yrs ago. We only really windrow canola and use crop lifters for tangled lodged cereals. My wife wants to windrow our wheat as it is so tangled and twisted some standing ( you know it'd be better all down type of thing )I see her point windrowing instead of fighting feeding into harvester ie;slow _time_fuel. Only windrow a day or two in front of harvester as stubble will be low and was thinking of putting crop lifters on windrower worried about shelling out though IJ Your thoughts IJIJIJIJIJ thanks pengs5

Krawler

We still swath quite a bit as ripening doesn't always come fast enough. When the crop goes down and gets all tangled we deffinately put lifters on as it makes a big difference. If rain is in the forecast your best to let stand as sprouting becomes a concern. The ground will stay wet and keep the crop tough longer than if standing. Here we will swath if getting late in the season as snow will push the crop down flat. We would straight cut more if we had a pick up reel for the combine.