Combines bearing flangettes

bucko

Hi there pengs5, I looked up the parts manual, and I am guessing you mean the pressed steel bearing retainers ( one each side of bearing ) with three bolt holes and shaped a bit like a triangle. I'm pretty sure these flanges are supposed to provide a bit of self alignment for the shaft. So, perhaps they are done up too tight ( do not know how this could be possible ) or the wrong bearing has been installed and the flanges have too much purchase on the bearing or the shaft is really out of alignment and exceeding the ability of the flanges to absorb that misalignment. The shaft may be bent etc. The bearing part number is 1309128-5 Hope this helps.

Pengs5

Thanks bucko Yes your looking at all the right bits. The shaft is stationary the auger rotates around it as it is also the retractable fingers adjustment. Its alot of weight and thrust on that little bearing and retainer. Could the auger be bentIJ seems to run ok will take more notice. It all goes together really nicely when assembling. Tightens and looks how it should. Going to look at my later 27 foot wrecked front tomorow but i'm guessing it will have a bigger set up IJ Thanks again Pengs5

D_Mayes

My guess would be that the shaft is bent and is rocking the bearing back and forth in the flange causing it to crack.

sidekick

I would study that shaft.Not a very stout bracket holding it.Not known as a common problem.(brg plate).You have something out whack somewhere.

bucko

Hi Pengs5 According to the parts manual, all rigid N series headers had the same parts for the auger

Ed_Boysun

Agco makes a 6 bolt flange that's some heavier and a bit more sturdy for places that take more pounding than ordinary. May need to drill a few more holes. Here's a pic of one of the 6 bolt flangettes on the wobble box. Is your table auger fairly close to balancedIJ

Pengs5

Thanks ED Yes i will check static balance . Weld on some weights i guess. I think it has copped a flogging from crappy light crops and bouncing along at 12mph. Back to 1 to 4mph so far this year yielding really well 70bu but so far 100% shot and sprung _growing green shoot . So Ed can get a photo on here but Marvin cant IJ Hmmm i like the look of that flange . Thanks again pengs5

Pengs5

Thanks bucko i still have'nt looked at my other front but sounds the same. pengs5