Combines Oil Pressure for a l2 670T engine

sidekick

I've heard 20 at idle and 40-60 high idle,hot.My 8070 is just under 20 at 800rpm and about 55 in the field,hot,with 30wt Rotella.Had to crank the relief in a bunch to get it there.3_4 plug right behind turbo drain tube.Had to remove tube and hose to put a socket and breaker bar on plug initially to get it to turn.End wrench worked after that.The old 426's had the relief to the left of the filters.It looks like a hex head pipe plug but it's straight threads.Crank it in!

NDDan

Most often 50PSI at rated RPM with hot oil (2300+- RPM) I believe book would call for a range of 35-50PSI. Normally no problem seting to 50PSI. low oil warning whould come on +-10PSI. I don't really like your 6PSI reading there. How many RPM does it take to get into 12PSI readingIJ Setting up external relief could bring up high side but doubt it will change your low side. Unless your gauge is wrong I would think you have internal leak (master relief on pump, paper gasket on pump output elbow, or oring on pressure line). Paper gaskets were eleminated and went to steel on steel because a fair amount of machines would blow out a piece of paper gasket then you would have worse leak than just assembling steel on steel. Good luck

SD_455

If I removed the the header safety switch and inatalled a mechanical oil pressure gage in it's place would I get the same pressure readings that the factory location of the pressure gage would getIJ If I would this would tell me if the factory gage is reading correctly. The header safety switch lets the header go up or down at idle now. I am using the sending unit that was on the replacement motor sending info to the console gage that was used on the 670T that spun several bearings due to an AGCO oil gasket on the AGCO oil filter breaking. This is why I don't know if the readings are true. I don't let the motor idle at less than 10 psi which is about 1500rpms.

NDDan

Take the sender from old engine. There were a couple changes over all the years the l2 was built and you likely have a mismatch to the gauge in cab. Yes you should be able to take reading at header sender port. To bad you didn't have the tattletale with light for oil pressure for that could of saved your previous engine. One of them tattletale monitors was an option back in the day.

SD_455

I have the light and alarm in the tattletale system but at the time I did not know I had a mouse attack on that monitor. I got the mechanical gage hooked up and ran the motor full rpms for about 1_2 hour. I got around 58psi at full rpm and around 22psi at idle. The combine gages read 42psi and 12psi. This was no load and the water temp about 1_4 the way into the green. After I got the tattletale fixed the alarm would go off when the gage pegged out at 80+psi when the oil was cold and the go off until the gage went under 40psi then would come on again. Thanks for your help.

NDDan

Sounds like your pressures are good. Sender and gauge are a mismatch. They must of had the wrong sender for light. They were not built to turn on light at high pressure and should of turned on light in the 10PSI or less range. Have a good one