Combines temp guage on R 52

NDDan

I think if it was electrical you would peg one way or the other. This leeds me to thermostat(s). If Deutz the oil thermostat is in base between oil filter head and block. If cummins in base that goes to top of radiator. Usually thermostat just won't let the oil or coolant warm up much without putting load to the engine but they can become sticky also. Thermostat is the brains at keep engine at proper temp.

brassring

Hi Dan yea it is a 8.3 cummins, I was thinking maybe thermostat too but wasn't sure, it just that it drops so fast! and then slowly builds back up then sudden drop again. but will try the thermostat first. Tks. Bob

Hyper_Harvest_II

Remember that there are two thermostats that need to be replaced. If one is acting up this could be the reason for flucuating gauge. Wanted to make sure you replace both thermostats. Hyper Harvest II

brassring

thanks guys and yea Hyper I do remember there are two thermostats, but thanks for reminding me you guys are really helpful thanks again. Bob

brassring

thanks guys and yea Hyper I do remember there are two thermostats, but thanks for reminding me you guys are really helpful thanks again. Bob