Combines R62 Deutz Electronic GovernorIJ

T__langan

I'm not sure I would buy into the explanation from the pump shop. I remember Deutz Allis having one of the Deutz V8's set up on a stand next to a Chevy 454 at Farm Progress back in the late 80's. Every 15 min. or so they would fire them both up and crack the throttles on each a few times. That big diesel seemed to have every bit the throttle response that the Chebby did. In all fairness, I am pretty sure the Deutz V8 was the twin turbo model though - but that shouldn't have made too much difference in response from idle. Check the link below in the Hyper Mods. Talk to the guys at Midwest Diesel Injection. They worked on a pump from our R52 Cummins which was a bit doggy compared to the Deutz R50 we had prior. They really woke that Cummins up and made her snappy.

T__langan

link only takes you to the home page. Click on "Tips" along the top. Third tip down on that page.

fixer_up

Up here in Canada so it would be a little hard to get the pump to Midwest. Will check with some of the Bosch pump shops in bigger centers near by to see if they have any different opinions on these pumps Thanks

NDDan

I don't know about the electronic governer but it would be a better answer than the snapier small governer for these pumps. I know of some of these being put on and it can be a real bugger to prevent high idle low load micro surge. That micro surge is good at blowing off main drive belts. I have stayed with standard governer and normally the pump shop would set up 10ish percent. This works very well if you want a bit extra. I know there are some electronic setups up north but wouldn't know where you could find them.