Combines Grain Carts

Big_Al

We have an Unferverth 5000 it holds 500 bushels it is a good unit with the tarp and xtensions it holds 600. The Degelman cart is a good unit also I have used one and it worked very well I also liked the option where you can lower the unloading auger low enough to unload right into an auger if you need to. But we prefer the Brent or Unferverth same company because it has the corner auger you don't have the extra drag auger to worry about. The Brent 874 is also a good unit.

agbiz

We have many JandM carts in our area. They seem to hold up well with corn and beans. Ours is a '93 model 750 and after this year we will replace the 16" auger. The C-IH dealers and JD dealers don't keep used ones on the lot very long. There is a large dealer in east central Il that carries many new and used carts.

tbran

Orth whoIJ Oh yea I think I saw one ... or was that Ortho something.....IJIJIJIJ Unverferth and KilBros are a couple of brands we HAVE seen. And chaser bins,, thats a good one we will have to remember.

Oz

Should have made it a bit clearer.These bins are imported from North America.

tbran

and maybe we should have made it clearer, this brand is not the most popular EVERYWHERE in N.America; could be in some regions. I'm sure we will hear 'bout it .

west_illini

there aren't any orthmans in my area but might be a few inthe country. The most popular in my area are Kinze and J and M with a few of the others mixed in.

Silver_Bullet

Chaser bins.....oh I get it...OK. I live about 60 miles (hmmm, 90 kilometersIJ) from where the Orthman plant is. They have a reputation for building stout equipment. I think they are good, but I doubt that they are the most popular in North America. There are a lot of good "chaser bins" available. Kinze is very good and popular. Brent, J and M, and there are others are all respectable. I have a Killbros, which is a cheaper version of a Kinze, that has been good for me. You will need to decide if you want a single auger or a dual auger. The single auger carts are simpilier with fewer parts but to get the capacity they have to get a bit tall to do it which can pose a little problem with the angled auger from Gleaner. The dual auger carts can give more capacity in a lower profile. That is one reason I went with the Killbros.

johnboy

A reason they are called "chaser bins" are at the speed we usually harvest at the chase is always on to catch up with the header(combine) before the grain bin is full again.They are also called "mud buggies" around here because when it does rain here (always at harvest time) trucks can't get near the paddocks.John

Rod

Brents are the most popular in my area of Nebraska. You can find a few Orthman around, Orthman headquarters is not far from me in Nebraska. They are very well made carts the reasons we don't own them is weight and cost. Heavier and cost more than most others. We have two Brents. Hope this will help.