Combines R52 breaking cobs and kernals

Gleamer

We run our 52 in dry corn close to max opening at the bottom, about 3_4"(dictated by cob size) and little tighter at top, for ours about 12 or 5_8". For beans we bring it up tighter to 5_8 or so at the bottom. Have very few chips I call them in the tank, the few we have I am convinced because of refeed, we dont have the extra sweep piece put in over the input feeder chain. Generally run about 270 rotor speed, 1_2 to 7_16 on top chaffer. It works for us very well, I walk behind the machine all the time, have to look hard for corn on the ground. If you have it tight right off the bat at the bottom, the cylinder and bars dont care, the corn or the cob will take a beating. I have heard it said that 90% of threshing takes place in 20% of the first revolution, I think it should take 40%. If you are working dry corn, 18 or less and will roll off the cob in your hand with a little work, set up at bottom to just squeeze the cob and get a bit tighter to the top. We use Garst in our area a lot, most kernals are 1_2" long or so, they flake out of the cob easily, my brother studies and looks at varieties along the roads a lot, anthing that looks like popcorn ears we stay away from, smaller the kernals, harder to remove.