Combines Powered radiator screen

T__langan

lOl!! That thought crossed my mind, actually. But there has to be an explanation for it. I can see a company like Deere doing it for no good reason just to complicate the machine - but Gleaner has always kept their machines simple for the most part. I doubt they did it just for the heck of it. The problem is, nobody has been able to offer an explanation to my for why....

Ed_Boysun

No free lunches in this world. The fan blades that turn the screen impede airflow that would otherwise be used to cool the radiator. I guess they figure that it is more efficient to burn a little extra fuel to run the screen than it is to make a bigger fan to pull the same amount of air when it also has to turn a screen.

Kurt

I was told that with the new emmissions that the engines have to run hotter so they had to make sure air was there to cool better. I have trouble with corn leaves getting in around my screen and stopping the screen from turning on my R75

MN_Dean

Same here. Only happens on windy days whith the exact right conditions but is very anoying and can sneak up on you if you are distracted. can heat up very fast.