Combines N6 rasp bars

PETE

I would encourage you to "Hyperize" your rotor while it is out according to the HYPER MODS site for the P1 rotor. I would also stack the helical bars in the thresher end and put the F2 bars in the belly. This was the first set of mods I did to my N6 and it was like I had bought a different combine. I do not know if just replacing the reverse bars with forward would work. I would think your rotor loss would be unacceptable. I never tried that. Hope some of the other guys will post with their experiences. Pete Hinrichsen

Krawler

We had all forward bars in our N6 and we did have a little too much rotor loss. We had problems with keeping material moving so I double stacked the thresher helicals this helped keep the crop material from doubling over the concave. This helped with the loss a bit. last fall we installed channel helicals, steep pich over the thresher section. I put 1 f2 bar in the belly of the cage. Also added 2 extra paddles at the discharge end. Now it really feeds well. before we used to have blobs of material coming out onto the spreader, now its a smooth even flow. Our loss over the rotor is quite acceptable. I can put through tougher material through quite easily now. All I need now is more horse power!