Combines 89 R60 vs 85 N6

kw

P3 processorIJ I believe this would be in a '89 model (cdf capable),better reverser if equipped, better motor (deutz),but $$$$$ if it goes down on you. Much better unload auger and I believe a heavier rear axle. That is all i can think of, but I am sure there are other things, but if you look at the machines there are a lot of similiar things as well.

Rig

Ditto to kw's post. Actually I have both machines though my R-60 is a 91 w_P3. The 85 N has been a very good machine for me. The R is also good but has cost me some money. Mainly on the hydraulic system and hydrostat. Open vs. closed hydraulics and pump mounting on the R has been a problem. I like the added torque of the Deutz motor on the 60. I have never killed it. Wish I could say the same for old smokey on the N. The processor is a little better with a better sweep on the 60. Better, longer, taller bin auger for bigger trucks that everyone has now. I love the turn radius of the N. The R needs room. The bin on the R does not clean out as good as the N. Not enough bottom slope. I like the hydraulic reel speed on the R. If you are buying a R60. Make sure of the integrity of the motor. A lot of these machines are under priced because many do not like the Deutz. They can be a very good, trouble free motor. The fan is the key for good cooling. Make sure it is not worn and that "blasted" support bearing is okay.