Combines clean elevator chain and auger trouble 1983 l2

driftersifter

Still have the same problem Not an original thought out thereIJ Comeon Tbran or hyper harvest If I have not stated it well enough let me know I will try to retate the problem

T__langan

I'll take a stab at it... The fact that this is happening only when your bin fills to the auger leads me to think that your bin fill auger might be worn. Once the grain reaches it, it won't keep the grain away from the elevator and it might be backfeeding, causing your problem. It's been a number of years since we ran conventionals, but I don't understand how that shaft can move. Isn't there a sprocket on the left side that drives the clean grain system and a lock collar on the right end of that shaft - at the elevator bootIJ Which way is the shaft movingIJ Is it pulling out of the elevator boot (sliding to the left) or is it moving to the right, protruding out of the bootIJ Doesn't the chain from the fan to the clean grain auger shaft jump off when this happensIJ

driftersifter

Yes it came out the side of the sproket the first time breaking all the bolts in the process and bending the auger. I bought a new auger and the second time it came out of the at the elevator boot pulling the lock collar off. I agree that the bin auger could be worn but it pulled beans up to fill all fall. The first two loads of corn did me wrong. Thanks Tlangan for the help. Are you from wisconsinIJ

T__langan

It is sure sounding like you have a backfeed problem. Might not have been an issue in beans since there is less volume of material needing to be moved. Again, I can't remember exactly on those machines, but is there a slip clutch on that driveIJ If so, that should be giving out rather than the auger_shaft destroying itself. If there is, I'd be taking that clutch apart and trying to figure out why it is not slipping until you can determine for sure what your root problem is. Yes, I'm in west-central WI.

dairyman

We were having that trouble with our M2 in wet corn. What initiated the problem each time was the top sprocket (driven) on clean grain elevator would shear the pin and spin on the shaft, causing the bin loader auger to stop turning. We had our slip clutch set tight to carry the load, so the only place to go was push the boot off the bearing on RH side. Have also had boot push off bearing when pin in the bottom sprocket shears. Our solution to that was to get a taper-lock sprocket from R-62 and have machine shop change the lower auger from using a pin to having a keyway. Sprocket never gave trouble again.

driftersifter

I farm near Osseo and live in Cornell. How's your harvest goingIJ Mike

T__langan

Harvest is going well - down to only a few acres left. Should wrap up our own tomorrow. Have a little custom work to do yet. long lines and wait at the Hixton Co-op has slowed things considerably. Chased two black bears out of the corn field this afternoon and dropped the right tire into one of their holes at 4.5 mph - that is an eye opener! :) The 62 is performing splendidly as usual. Only problems all through harvest was a bad serpentine belt, the right rear upper feeder drum pad broke off, and a bad potentiometer on our 800 flex head. We did replace our accelerator roll lugs mid season during that last rainy spell. We had corn blowing over and had to cut the wind way back, but then had a bit of a dirty sample. New lugs cured that - didn't realize how bad the old lugs had gotten until we compared with the new ones! That is quite a hike from Cornell to Osseo. Do you have land rented in that areaIJ

driftersifter

I rent land only in Osseo as I teach full time in Cornell and farm on weekends. Thanks for the help on that combine finally found the cause and fixed it. I run two combines l2 and l3 I like em both. Mike