Combines low Voltage

• Thread starter Hyper_Harvest_II
  • Start date

IowaDan

14 with no load, 13 with machine working in field, 12 with auger swing engaged.

IowaDan

Just at Moss Bros. yesterday picking up my new console relay. My beans have been pretty good, average mid 50s so far. Corn is going to be another story. Don't know if it will even make 120. Just too darn wet all summer. 66 inches of rain here since May 1st. Good to hear from you, good luck with the rest of your harvest. Hope we get our voltage problem worked out.

big_orange

Had the same problem with my 62, got the regulator tweaked to 14.5 volts, and now with ac on, machine powered, lights on, and auger swinging it will keep 12.5 volts.

NDDan

Here's the deal guys. The voltmeter and low voltage light is feed by same wire feed as the module that controls the auto swing. When you have the auto swing switch on there is a draw of currant to run the Timer_relay which in turn feeds more currant to electric coils on valve stack. So if the system voltage is down for whatever reason the first thing that will catch your attention is the low voltage when using the auto swing. It isn't because it takes a lot of currant to run timer_relay or electric coils but it is enough to drop voltage in the overhead. I often thought a separate wire to overhead to run timer_relay ect. would change this situation but then you wouldn't get the early warning that voltage is droping. I hope that all made sense.

lee

Thanks NDDan and others. I replaced the console relay and 90amp circuit breaker at the engine. Started combine, 12 volts, hit autoswing and low voltage light came on. Checked voltage at alternator, 12 volts. Decided to take alternator off again to have checked. Noticed the 2 wires to regulator seemed loose. Connections were dirty, loose and old. Cleaned and tighten. Volts at 13+ and held when autoswing used. Sometimes I over think the problem. Will start corn tomorrow and will see if the problem is solved. Sometimes I need to remember to go back to basics. Thanks Steve

iowaruss

Had same problem on l2.low volt warning at night when swinging auger.Tried it all,alternator,batt,batt conections,relay...shined a spot on cab and then frame of combine,conected with heavy wire-problem fixed.Cab wasnt getting grounded properly.