Combines stems in tank

posum

Bob; I think you may be over threshing , check on the helicals and condition of the bars. The stuff has got to keep moving ,if it stalls it will grind up in little pieces and go in the tank . We have this happen as well but it's when the crop is dry or to dry . As far as the drag chain choking; check clutch packs on right side they need all springs in (71350535) is the kit n ,I think it takes 3 kits per clutch pack. You should have been thrilled after the floor job --so I'm thinking feeding problems from header IJIJ good luck ,Brooks

brassring

When I had the combine at the dealers, I had them check the helicals and the accelerator rolls, told they were still in good shape, now tonight we replaced the front drag drive belt,it would not tighten looked good but replaced anyway and it did seem to help feed better the beans are a mess down, tangled, green overripe all in the same field, Tks guys Bob

NDDan

Hopefully the sticks don't cost you anything other than hauling them in. I see in earlier post you have an 800 head. I don't suppose an air reel is an option so I would suggest to check for recent post on other web site which may give you an idea to get the various stands of beans fed with currant reel setup. As far as stems in sample I'd wonder if you are tring to use corn chaffer. Otherwise you should try prevent making as many small pieces. I searched back in a few of your posts to see you did a high low bar setup on seperator side. Did you leave high bars in a row and low bars in anotherIJ Would anyone think it would be better to have high and low bars on each rowIJ I'm starting to think the later option works together better with helicals to keep material moving. As far as seperator grate I would imagine it can let more longer pieces of stalk threw when everyother wire is removed. Flowing the straw better will help prevent this. Might think about converting it closer to what a corn seperator grate is. They have the wires within 1_4" from top of cross bar. I think better yet would be grate as Hyper has talked about for years. That is every other cross bar removed or slid back with all wires still in place. I like this plan best but still like the wires raised to within 1_4" of top of cross bar. You might take a look toward front of sieve just below front of chaffer to see if castle shaped air dam is still in the air stream and or maybe lower down front of sieve to get more air to chaffer. Hopefully something hear will help you out.

rforro

Bought an AWS real about 5 yrs ago. Wouldn't want to harvest beans without one now. Just sit in the cab and enjoy the ride.