Combines N6 P3 upgrade

Irv

Pete, Maybe you've said before, but what did you do to the rotor before you put her inIJ

PETE

I put new thresher bars in and hard faced the backup plates in the separator end. You already had it Hyperized. I did have to have a machine shop make a 1_2" spacer plate to go between the coupling (R60 P3 coupling)and where it attaches to the rotor. With just the coupling the flat iron that the rasp bars mount to were rubbing on the gearbox end and there was a 1_2" gap on the output shaft between the coupling and gearbox. I only had 3_4" of splines making up on the coupling. I ground the flat iron even with the rasp bars and installed that spacer so the coupling made up completely to the gearbox. The only thing I had to do on the discharge end was to put the bearing on the inside of the stop sign as the shaft is shorter and make some shims for my rotor speed sensor bracket. I did some 23% corn last night and I was very impressed with how nice this rotor takes it off the cob. The real test will later this week in green stem beans. If anyone wants a pic of that spacer text me at 563.357.7992 and I can send it to you. Pete Hinrichsen