Combines engine rpm

grey

I forgot to include that it is a 354 perkins with turbo on a 1980 750.

parky

You will have to look at horsepower vs rpm curves for that engine and fuel pump type. A 540 V8 will drop approximately 20-25 rpm from governed 2450 rpm, when pushing heavy(40 bus_acre) wheat, the important thing is to dial up the cylinder rpm to keep within proper thresh rpm on cylinder. Back beater should be running steady at whatever the operating manual calls for(700 or 720 I believe). You have to keep engine at close to governed or it is overloading and lugging.

Russ

The engine speed drop will be on a curve that corresponds to the governor droop. If, for example, the engine has a 6% droop governor setting, then you would want to stay with-in that range of rpm's (2-4% is prefferable).

Kevin_Alabama

Sounds about normal to me. I have a hypered R52 with cummins and a 8 row 30 in 180 to 200 bu. corn and run around 3mph without running corn through the machine. rpm's around 2250 under load. If I unload on the go it may drop to 2150 and the twittie bird will chirp and I back it off alittle. I think 2250 under load is a good range to run.