Combines M2 Soy straw wraping around thresher beater

tbran

back feeding of the feeder beater is common to worn rasp bars and too wide a cylinder clearance. The crop stems are not beat up and shreaded enough to loose their structural integrity, thus it 'sprangels out' to use a questionable term and the beater grabs it and over and forwrd it comes. Make sure all beater shields are intact, and also a 25 tooth sprocket is helpful if the beater has a chain drive. Raise or remove the shield over the separator raddle. Make sure the thresher raddle is tight as well. There is also an anti feed back wire assy that prevents thresher raddle feed back.

dsmith

Thanks for the information tbran. My rasp bars have about 1000 acres of use and the leading edges are somewhat rounded. I will reverse the bars and try again. I have already partially raised the raddle shield but I will raise it further (corn position). I am also using the 25 tooth sproket and I have the anti feed back wire assembly.

tbran

don't forget that eve with new bars the clearance can be too great to beat up the stems. We recently went to a combine that was set at 1_8 " on the gauge and it really turned out to be 1_2" actually on one side and 9_16th on the other.

dsmith

Good point. I have set my concave clearence down to 3_16" (on the gage) and I know that is not the correct clearance. At what point should I measure the concave clearance (channel concave after doorIJ). I know that the gage is not accurate but it is set at the end of it's adjustment. I am using aftermarket rasp bars with wide tooth clearence and they have a high tooth profile.