Combines Header Drive Shaft on 316 Grain Head Not Available

tbran

have you checked 71322253IJ the lh end is the same, check and see if the length is also. Shaft length can be adjusted by slipping a 1.25" id shaft over the solid shaft and weld. I ran one for years after lil bro backed away w_o unhooking header coupling. We really like the lateral tilt hook ups as they are easier to hook to. Go with a short lat tilt shaft or shrten a used one, get a 'catfish shaft from SMA or elswhere and change yoke to 1000 21 spline as they do not offer a double 1000 - total will be less than $200 for the PTO plus what a shaft cost- . Just an option. Unfortunate, but more and more low volume items will be dropped on close to 20 yr old units.

T3

Thanks, we are in the process of doing something like that. Machine shop is making the lh side and extending the shaft 4" past the inside bearing mount. A PTO shaft will be built to go from there to the combine. My only concern is the inside bearing mount being strong enough to handle the PTO shaft.May have to beef this up some. We are making the PTO as light as possible. Could have had the complete shaft made if I could have found a machine shop that could cut the 1 3_8 21 splines in the other end.