Combines Overloading R side of chaffer

T__langan

Sounds like you might need to open your sieve up some more. Too much going through return and overloading right side.

Marshaltown_Farms

Am having same trouble. Standared chaffer is open wide enough to handle high yielding spots and sieve is closed to keep sample clean. I must be carring heavy return. I am going to use the corn chaffer so it does not have to be run open as far and still maintain capacity. Hope that solves some of the problem

gleanermanitoba

I can't remember for sure but seems to me there is anextention plate to move the material towards the center of the accelerator rolls, I'm sure its in there, just a thought.

bucko

The returns elevator feeds a short auger that moves the returns to the centre of the accelerator rolls if the bottom plate has not been removed (in an N6) I believe I have read somewhere on this site that in later models it could be adjusted out of the way much easier. If the plate is removed, the returns feed straight down into the top of the feeder housing. However, the 2 augers immediately above the accelerator rolls tend to move material to the centre of the rolls anyway. Perhaps there may be a fan flow restriction to the right side of the chaffer_sieve for some reason. Hope my meanderings help.