Combines Cob Crushing

ohio_farm_boy

hyperize it and take out the reverse bars put in all forward bars with a f2 rasp bar in bottom of the sep cage.

PETE

Jeff, I had the same problems with my N6 until I hyperized it. The rotor is constipated because the reverse bars are stopping the flow through the cage. Check the cage floor next to the concave and you find it worn more that anywhere else. I found that white cob corn was the worst as it is typically softer. Pink cob was not so bad and red was the best as it is harder. This of course does not help you in the field trying to get your crop in. Have you measured the average diameter of the cobs and set you concave just slightly tighterIJ Or you could keep opening the concave until you are leaving some corn on the cob and then tighten it up some. How about cylinder speedIJ This assumes your concave and cylinder bars are good. I wish I could help more but I only ran my machine one season before I hyperized my rotor. I am not kidding when I say I thought I had a different machine the next year with the hyperized rotor. Pete Hinrichsen

Jeff_Kruse

Pete, Thanks first for your reply. I did notice last week that the red cobs by far were the best through the machine. Right now I have the cylinder wide open and running the rotor at 250 rpm with a ground speed of 3.5 to 3.7. Did you do your own work on the hyperizingIJ I wouldnt mind doing this as my N5 is in remarkable shape. I hate to spend 35000 to upgrade to a R52 or something. Please write back.