Combines Capacity of R52 vs l3

Kaye2

My friend went from an R-52 with a 6 row head to a new R-65 this year with 8 row 30 head. I would think a 52 would handle eight rows but can't swear to it.

Illinois_Gleaner

Planter,do you have a l3 that you are going to sellIJ I am looking for one. If I remember right you live down by louisville. I have driven them both. Both stock the l will stay with the 52 in beans,in corn the 52 is much better,because of grain quality. You will still be limited to your shoe on a 52 like a l. I ran a 8-30 on a l2 for years. IG

Silver_Bullet

The R52 will handle an 8 row head very nicely. You may run out of shoe capacity in 175IJ bu. corn.

Planter

We are thinking about an upgrade. Still wanting to keep our R60. Would really like to find a 62 or 72. What are you going to do with an l3IJ Our's is an 85 model with RWA and not quite 2,800 hrs. on the engine. It's a very nice machine for it's age.

Kevin_Alabama

I run a 8-30 on a R-52 it handles it fine. I like the extra room on the sides. I can also leave the ladder down. The rear is a little lite with the 8 row. but I like that.

Illinois_Gleaner

I am looking for a smaller cimbine to use. My son bales straw. The A85 in a 40ft windrow doesnt work good for that. And my Dad would like to dirve some in beans ,and his alltime favorite is the l's. If you decide to sell it please let me know,I am going to look at a M3 over the weekend. Hows things going down there. We just got done with our double crops yesterday. IG

Mike

A 52 will be fine with an 830. However if you get in 150+ corn you will have to drive slow and the 225 bu hopper will be an inconvenience. Seems to me that 62's of that same vintage often sell at the same price as the 52. Depends on your operation.