Combines fuel line

Krawler

If your return line was rubber they can deteriorate from age, heat, additives in fuel. If you are running bio diesel it is harder on rubber components because of the methanol in it. The same with higher strengths of ethanol, now you see vehicles that can use E-85 because the components are built to take it. The pulsation can over time work on a hose causing it to fail. The constant expansion and contraction movement. Hydraulic line will work fine if you can get your hose clamps to squeeze tight enough. Sometimes on higher PSI hoses the steel braid in the hose will prevent a good seal and you will have a leak. The pulsation in the hose is likely just the pressure spikes from the lift pump. As the pump strokes a rush of fuel goes through the system. Does the pulsation speed up as you speed up the engineIJ

NDDan

I wouldn't worry much about the hydralic hose for we've had no problem using them for fuel lines for many years. I'm not sure about the pulsing on a fuel return line out of Cummins setup. What I would do is pump the hand primer slow and you should hear a slight squeeling from charge check valve on main pump. If nothing or you have to pump very fast you could have a leak in that charge check valve or check valve in the charge pump. This will often times cut back on your power and could cause abnormal flexing of fuel return line. If you get the squeeling while pumping slow I would think your good to go. Good luck