Combines F2 Plugging

tbran

key is not let them bridge, n 1 install cutter bar sweeps - these are flaps that extend below finger of reel - bolted to reel and 'sweep' short beans into header. n2 install suction tube as seen in hyper mods across header n3 and I am sure you have done this but have reed set low and as far back as possible with out damage. A sloght pitch to reel teeth will help. Also you could have installed new clutched BUT did you remove the beater sprocket assy and shim where the bearing collar is located between square washer on back of clutch and brg lock. IJ

jstewart

Thanks for the suggestions Tbran. Can you buy the sweeps, or are they a homemade itemIJ I didn't shim anything when replacing the clutch, what am I looking for thereIJ Thanks again

jstewart

Might not have been the thing to do, but I took apart the clutch and added a shim in the back. Also put two more springs in the cluth for a total of 5, didn't tighten it all the way down, only had to stop once all night and that was becasue I wasn't paying attention. We'll see how long it lasts.

tbran

SWEEPS are purchased or they can be made from old belting as un haybaler, the wider the better.

sidekick

First season with my F2 I spent alot of time digging out feeder beater in beans.Put 3 more springs in and shimmed like book(and tbran)says and never slugged it again.Been 5yrs.