Combines tough cutting

R_O_M

Cutter bar build up has been a real and ongoing problem when harvesting drought and frost affected lentils here in southern grain areas of Australia. Knife breakages can be the result if regular degunking of the knife is not carried out under theses conditions. About the only thing that seems to shift the sappy and dirt loaded gunk is a very strong mix of heavy duty truck wash applied with one of those garden pump up pressure sprayers. An alternative is to use diesel fuel also from a sprayer. Applied every half hour if there is a bad buildup or as needed with the knife just ticking over. And watch yourself ! Don't get near that knife which is easy to do if you get too keen.

brassring

hmmm spray the cutter bar with diesel fuel huhIJIJIJ heck I'll try anything, hope to have a killing frost by the time we get back to soy's raining here in Il. now, more tonight and tomorow so I will hunt up a sprayer and give it a try anything to help Tks. Bob

dairyfarmer

try some slip plate brushed on the cutter bar cut some better beans first then go back into them it might help i had trouble sunday in a weedier patch and went to a clean patch on 15" rows at a n angle monday and back to the weedier one on tuesday that was also on 15" rows and cut them straight on and worked better my head got a little rusty and i had a patch put in under neath on a series 2 f header i had to get it all slicked up to make it work better dairyfarmer