Combines Allis Farmer 2 how is new rotorIJ

allisfarmer2

I've been very patient with the co. They've been very backlogged with production.Mike has been in contact with me and is very close to completion.Still using my original rotor yet. will keep you updated. john

posum

Thanks for the update. Hope to get ours in by monday. Just wondering about the setup, f-2 bars in the cage etc.

posum

Yes it is a precision. Came in yesterday--installing today. For a 2001 R-62. Will keep you posted.

allisfarmer2

Hey posum,received it on Tues,going to run the stock rotor the first day in 25% hmc,then pull her out and switch to the new one,hows yours working outIJ How'd you set up your machine for the new rotorIJ john

posum

Glad to hear you have got it. ours is working pretty well. running green stem soys now. put one f-2 bar in sep side of grate; rotor loss is very low-shoe loss is zero. sample is much better than with cdf;but still could be some better. rotor speed at 500. clearance at 8 on gauge. one filler plate under concave. takes a lot of power in green stems. but should say that stems are very green although beans are at 13%. we set the wedge same as std 8 bar. over all pretty good.

brassring

Just being curious, I noticed you had your cdf for sale what did u put in nowIJIJ and why did you changeIJ

posum

It's a long story but here it goes. We have fought rotor loss with the CDF from the beginning, particularly bad in wheat. Also had a lot of problems with overthrashing in dry soybeans resulting in severe shoe overload. The CDF worked great in green stem conditions but we always had a dirty sample. We put in a precision farm parts progressive rotor. So far sample has been very good but in dry conditions still getting some shoe overload. We are not sure if we ever had the CDF set properly with regard to the clearance under the front of the grate and getting it to zero at the back. We noticed a huge amount of wear on the second row of cylinder bars and we felt like the staggered rotor may help with this wear problem. In our area conventional combines have always dominated the market. R series (52, 62, etc.) never caught on as we were losing dealers at this time. The walker machines seem to do a very good job in our small, irregular fields. Currently running an l-3 side-by-side with the 62. Sample is equal or better, capacity a little less, but still very acceptable. I guess we are trying to get the rotary to work the same as the conventionals as far as getting a good sample in highly variable conditions.

brassring

I've looked at their web site before and it looks interesting, but never talked to anyone who had run one,I run a "98 R-52 with some mods done to the rotor and the machine but still not fully happy,If you would would you e-mail me. I have a few questions I don't want to ask openly. TKs. Bob brassring4639@aol.com