Combines Fieldstar

Nick

We just had this installed on our R-42 last week. So far we are very impressed with the standard features. We have not been able to use this in the field as of yet but we think it will be a very useful piece of equipment. We are looking forward to using this during the fall harvest. If you would like to e-mail us later (or before) harvest we'd be happy to share what we know about it.

Chief_fan

We are using the Fieldstar system for the first time this fall and are very impressed. We haven't downloaded the information yet as our computer is not ready so can't comment on that yet. However, the cab monitor is easy to use and provides great entertainment while harvesting. We have seen 115 bu per acre fields vary from 60 to 180 bu while not obvious from the cab seat. So feel that the information will be quite useful. The monitor is a touch screen and is programmable to display yield, corrected yield, moisture, capacity, etc.. It is programmable to mark weeds, mudholes, etc.. The monitor will display the current yield plus the average yield for the field in bargraph form. At first I didn't think that I would like this but after running it I do. AGCO's support has been excellent. I'm sure that there are still bugs to work out but have not run into any serious problems yet. I have seen other monitors but believe that this one leads the industry as AGCO's experience in Europe is obvious. I give the Fieldstar two thumbs up!

MASSEY_MAN

In regards to fieldstar,AGCO doesn't have any experiance in Europe,they aquired this technology from MASSEY FERGUSON.I have seen a picture of an old 510 in Europe with this fieldstar eqipement when they were testing it.

T__langan

Glad to have you back, Tom! Hope you're feeling well and recovering. Thanks for letting us know about the updated AGCO web site - it's about time they changed things. It's been the same web site for quite awhile. Take care!

mike

Can't really help, but am curious to see what others respond as our new machine will have it in.

T__langan

We have Fieldstar, but not with the GPS. What do you need to knowIJ

Hibred

I know exactly how you feel, we bought ours last fall and nobody knows squat about it. We didn't go the whole way though ours is only the yield monitor but still real expensive and still the moisture isn't working properly and the yield is out to lunch also, we are frustrated with it. I hate to say this here but at least with John Deere they have trouble shooters here in Canada that will come out and help you set it up and work with you cause when you spend that kind of money it should work. I would much rather someone come out and help me than talk to someone over the phone, it just dosen't cut it. We have the same thoughts about sending it back and maybe Agco will have two boxes with dumps in them sitting on their floor in Atlanta.

acre_eater

I have installed a couple feildstar sys. I don't know every thing. do you have the hardware installedIJ Or do you need help in getting all the right settings programed into it If you can be a little more specific. Tim