Combines Hose ModIJ

T__langan

We found out 3" hose at the cheese factory that I ship milk to. Check around at any milk receiving facility - there are still a lot of cows in MN so you shouldn't have to drive too far to find one. I also checked a business that sells industrial equipment, sewage pumps, etc and found 3" hose there but it was awefully costly. That's when we decided to look into milk hose. There have also been guys use 3" PVC pipe cut into sections to allow flex. That may be an alternative. BTW, how're your swallows doingIJ :) Take care- Tom langan

steve

Could someone post a picture of what one of these looks like installed on a headIJ

rforro

Tom just bought some 3" plastic suction hose from a mail order catalog. Paid $44.00 shipped to my yard for a 20' section. Will get name and number and I will post. Randy

Tom_Russell

Tom and Randy, I am sure you guys have 3 hose that is actually 3.5 OD. Several sources including milk plants told me that 3OD hose isnt available. I am not trying to be picky, but I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone trying to buy the right size hose and ended up with 2.5 that didnt do much to improve feeding. Regarding swallows, they fledged on Monday and headed south before sundown. Now mosquitoes will be able to get us in open areas instead of having to hide under trees. We dont dare walk outside without bug spray.

rforro

Tom you were correct, my OD measures 3.5". I got it at Agri-Supply 1-800-345-0169. Randy

Mark

I just ordered some 3" hose from my chemical dealer. He gets it from fertilizer dealer supply.