Combines R62

Dan

He is sure it is rear feed. Is the light coming onIJ Belt tentioner can be misleeding for it can feel tight but it could be bottoming against anti swing back iron right at the pivot. Slip clutch usually has to sliped a thousand times before weakening. Does he have a 1"x1" bar fastened to rock doorIJ Does he have door locked half way open to form a sumpIJ I prefer the rock door fastened up in normal matter with the rock door hump kit fastened to it for best feeding and better rock portection than standard. Has he got third helical extended across top left corner of feeder openingIJ Has he got rear feed stripper installed for cornIJ Some people leave rear stripper out and run chain in fast speed for corn with added capacity and no problem with chain jumping a cog!!! Its very strang to have rear feed plugging unless there is something evident wrong. let us know what you find out.

NDDan

look her over good and ask questions. A couple upgrades from this site will give it a new chance at life. Good luck

Ed_Boysun

More trucks, bigger augers. Not much cuttin' gets done when you're waiting to unload. If you're currently running an l and getting by, the R62 will bury your grain handling system. Ed in Montana

big_orange

I was in your situation,ran an M and switched to an R-62.62 has a big appetite for grain,is more user friendly,and more forgiving in its settings.If you run many hillsides you will be more impressed with its capacity,as the others said,look,ask,and listen.They are a great combine.

Silver_Bullet

I would say that combine will be in the $60,000 to 70,000 range. At around 1,000 sep. hrs I replaced both feeder chains and sprockets and the floor under them. I'm also getting ready to replace the elevator chains and sprockets at 1200 hrs. They are not wore out and giving trouble yet but are close to the end of their life. Other than that, everything else looks good on the machine. If that has been done to the one your looking at, you should not have much added expense in it for awhile.

ahbecalm

On an R50 used in corn_soy beans the accelerator rolls need to be rebuilt, just guessing R62 would be the same. Check the serrated nubs across the lenghth for evenness and look between the rolls. If you can see what's below they're worn out.

Southpaw

We're running a late 1995 model R52 with a 520 flex head and 630 hugger. Have the 30.5 x 32 drive tires w_RWA. It's a nice fit. Besides, I don't have a lot of extra space when running the hugger. I have to make sure the ladder is up so it won't knock down the next row when splitting a field open. A R62 is going to be bit wider. We run corn, soybeans, barley, and wheat.

T__langan

Around here, we use R50_R52 with 6 row Hugger on flatter ground, and guys with lots of hills will use the R60_62 due to better sidehill capacity with the much wider shoe. On flat land, you can't hardly drive fast enough to keep an R62 full with only six rows. Tom langan

gleaner1

You will need to modify your 1981 headers some what to fit the R62, we ran a 20 ft on a 62 for one season, just go a little faster, we now have a old 24 converted to fit, old headers are cheap these days.

Booth_Farms

Just a couple of other things you might check in addition to those mentioned above, would be the auger flighting on both the unloading auger and the bin bottom auger.