Combines R72 vs 9750sts

23884lIFE

WHO CARES WHAT MAY OUTPERFORM. THINK ABOUT RESAlE!!! THERE ARE NO GlEANERS IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS. GET MY DRIFTIJ

DAB

Resale doesn't matter when you plan to be buried in your combine. ha ha.

Illinois_Gleaner

You said "who cares what may outperform" Now I finally understand why everyone doesnt drive a Gleaner. THANK YOU !!!!!!! We Gleaner owners dont care about resale (All though that Gleaner holds its own in this area also) we care about performance. Illinois Gleaner

kw

please change your handle to 2388getalife, as if all you have to do is come on the GlEANER board and run your mouth then you obviously need something better to do. next time just move on unless you have something to add that may help answer the question. sincerely, Kirk

John

My 1982 N6 hyperized and the neighbors 1996 R62 out perform the neighbors 9750STS but then so does his Case 2388. But then he can't get the JD to last 1_2 day without a service call or a ride back to the dealers for several days. And we had 4 STS Deere's last fall that couldn't finish harvest and were stranded in the corn and soybean fields within view of I-80 in central Iowa for weeks to months. That's a good showing for Deere quality in Iowa, the home of JD. Seeing more lexions and Gleaners showing up in the area yards the summer and fall. Case is holding their own! Could that mean that JD is losing their market shareIJ Cousin who has had JD combines for 30+ years traded the first week of August for his first Gleaner. Mainly, he wanted Rotary and wasn't going to go thru the problems the neighbor has had with his 9750STS, Gleaner was the next closest dealer, going from 4 miles to 18 miles for a dealer. Must be something to change a 30 year Deere man! His dad had had a Gleaner when he was a teenager. He makes the 8th convert in 2 years from green to silver in our community.

acre_eater

Two years ago I had my 62 in the same field witha 9750 and they ran the same amount and we both tried to cut as fast in soys that we could. I ran as fast as my power would allow 260hp. an 72 with 330hp. I would love to see the results. That day we ran about 45 min. and the gen. manager from deere dealer was there with his combine man. we where waiting for a truck to show up and my friend's boy had been riding with me (he was about 8 and not brain washed yet) and in front of his dad and the guys from deere he said out of the blue dad you shouldv'e bought a gleaner. tim

acre_eater

I get your drift and it stinks. I don't type well or spell well but I know enough not to type in all caps and post annoying pointless post on combine talk. If you would like to compare resale value I can dig out my papers and you dig yours out and we will meet half way between where we live and compare. After I prove it cost you more to run your 2388 you can buy my dinner an then you can post the results on this site. By the way I live in MI and have had 2388 demoed to me If you would like to see why I did not buy one go run against a 62 or 72 . after that demo you didn't see any post from me on the red site trashing the 2388 I am sure that you posted in hast and are not as ignorant as you sound but I have to go sweep a grain bin this morning and amm already in a bad mood so I had a short fuse this time. Tim Brodbeck P.S. Post your name next time

T__langan

There are no other brand of combine on American soil that has taken as big of a hit in resale as the Deeres. And CNH seems to be loosing a lot of its following too lately due to rumors of financial instability within the company. I have often wondered if any of you fellas that talk about close dealers and resale have ever put a pencil to the situation to figure out if you're really coming out ahead. Figure out sometime if the poorer performance and grain loss you experience is worth it. We travel about 75-80 miles to our good Gleaner dealer, bypassing several Deere and CNH dealers along the way to run what we figure is a better performing combine. The grain we save alone MORE than pays for the one or two trips a year we make to our dealer. Tom langan

SilverTurnedGreen

I had an R62 and a 9650STS in my bean field last year, both with 30' flex's, and the non-hyperized Gleaner had no problems keeping up to the Deere in dry conditions. In green-stemmed soys the Deere out performed the Gleaner easily by a full mile per hour or more. Equal sample quality and yields. As far as resale is concerned, I got a very good dollar for my 9610 from Deere, and traded for a 9650CWS. My C62 might be traded for an R65 next year; - Deere doesn't want my C62 as they have not been a popular combine in Southwestern Ontario.

Deere4life

Wow, you gleaner boys sure love your gleaners. Personally I 've never been behind the wheel of one of those things. Here in Onario, most of the guys buying new machines Buy Deere's or IH's. New Holland and Gleaner dealers in my area both have thier own combines that have been on their lots for over three years.I love my STS and my Deere dealer, therefore, I will not lose any sleep tonight becuase I don't own a gleaner.