Combines IJIJ Mystery of year model on R52 IJIJ

shorthair

that would be the easy close door, I think the grain sample door started in 98,as did the split hydro. Most of the model changes were in 98, along with silver paint.

John

Not to fear! I have owned 2 Gleaner combines that were close to a change and Gleaner by me is known for its running changes. I don't find that bad until I go to get parts. I learned to take the part off and match it at the dealer. The one most memorable was my 76 F with a serial n 10 shy of an F2. About half the machine was F and the other half was F2, drove the parts man nuts! He got to go thru both parts manuals to figure out which part I had. Yours by serial n is a 95 with several of the 96 goodies in it. Just remember that when you have a parts run and watch the parts counter sweat! It actually gets entertaining!

Southpaw

The unit does have 96' model flex head and corn head. Main reason I want to know is so I can get a parts and service manual for the machine if possible since our closest dealer is 70 miles away with others over 150 miles away and we do most of our service except for engine work.

John

Personally, I would get the 96 parts and service manuals. And if you are calling the dealer before the trip, I would inquire about the part n in your book and also ask if this is the same n as the 95 model and if they stock both if different ns. My N6 carries a green stipe flex head and an late AC R corn head, and can pick up the new heads.

wayne

I am a Gleaner dealer in Ontario and thought it might be helpfull to clarify some changes from 94 to 96. Changes in the '95 model R52 from '94 are as follows: 1) High wire concave std. on corn_bean machines. 2) Cummins engine H.P. increased from 202 to 225. 3) 1st and 2nd speed increased (better for RWA). 4) Grain bin capacity increased from 225 to 245. 5) Retractable service lights. Changes from '95 to '96 as follows: 1) 14.6" longer cleaning shoe. 2) Shoe speed increased by 10%. 3) 230 H.P. Cummins engine. 4) Halogen cab lights without plastic covers. 5) Split Hydro with increased torque. 6) Grain bin sample door. 7) Spin on Hydro oil filter. These are the larger changes that are most important to know. You're S_N is definitely a 1995 model. I hope this will clear up some questions. Wayne

Southpaw

Thanks for the clarification information. I must be dealing with one of those change over machines like John was talking about. I haven't measured the shoe yet. What I do know is that it does have the 230hp Cummins on the engine tag. It does not have the grain bin sample door. This one has plastic covers over the cab lights. It has rear wheel assist with 30.5x32 drive wheels and 16.9 x 26 steering wheels. How can I identify a split hydro and where would I find the spin on hydro filterIJThanks again for you help.