Combines Corn stalks not getting pulled through

Hyper_Harvest

notiller, Sharp blades spaced properly runninng at high speed should work. To keep blades sharp we now chrome them,after six seasons still just like new.There is funny little(what is it tool)with different notches in it,this will help you set the roll tip to tip gap.The operators manual also states a suggested starting point.Sounds like you have already shifted her up to the hi speed big sprocket.Check your variable speed sheeve to make sure you're really wide open also.Dull or worn blades usally cause the ear picker lightly leaned look. Good luck! Hyper

Brian

As Hyper said worn blades are usually the cause. We've found too that worn rolling points can also make head less aggressive...are you noticing the head pushing the corn stalks forwardIJ We never noticed how worn our points were until we took one off and compared to a new one. Replacing them helped a lot.

KSFARMS

MIGHT CHECK DECK PlATES COUlD BE TOO TIGHT OR NOT CENTERED OVER THE ROllS. GOOD lUCK AND SAFE HARVESTING

Silver_Bullet

Are the ears getting pulled off OKIJ I have seen in dryland corn that the stalk doesn't necessarily get broke down and chewed up. When driving fast, (5mph or more),the rolls just don't have as many revolutions to make on each stalk. I usually run a bead of chrome hardsurfacing on the front 6 inches of the snapping rolls to roughen them up some and that makes them much more aggressive.

notiller

Hyper, I did look at my blades again a little closer and they are probably worn more then i think. You also mentioned running on the hi speed big sprocket. Which set of sprockets are you talking aboutIJ How many tooth are you considering to be the big spocketIJ Does this bigger sprocket speed up the whole headIJ Notiller