Combines More comments on Series V

Oedie86

Yes. When I got home from school today I checked this site. Wowed at your pics. Then my dad and I went to Flinginger Eq. in Trivoli, Il. We needed some bearings for our 315 flex (F3). He had the same book_literature that you got your pictures out of. He said he got to see one in Carlinville, Il, but no heads (although they are still the same). The Gleaner salesman there said that the cat-walk on the righthand side is accessible through a door in the cab (just as big as the one to enter the cab). I am not really sure why they would need a catwalk out there thoughIJ Salesman also said the cab is bigger than the old 2 series. That amazed me because I always thought the 2 series had the biggest cab. The buddy seat also has a back-rest. Another piece of info. I just thought that I would post it since I haven't heard it mentioned on here in the 2 years that I have been reading this site. Checked out a 1100 sep. hour '89 R40 in Arenzville, Il. The dealer there said that the rear stearing axle of the 40's was not heavy-duty enough. Therefore it would break. He said that AGCO realized this and replaced the whole assembly wheels and all. It was replaced with a 42 sized axle with 2 cylinders to stear. This was done through the 40's and for a couple years after. No problem with 50's. I was also wondering what hyperizing needs to be done to a R40 or a R42 if we ever buy one. With little acreage we would like it geard more toward efficiency and saving grain, capacity comes next. We run about 200 acres a year split between corn, beans, and wheat in central Il. (Bartonville, next to Peoria). How much should we expect to get out of our '83 F3IJ It has 1750 eng. hrs, but we still have 175 acres of corn and soys to do. We also have a same yr. 315 flex and 436IJ With a price for a 40 of 32,500 (1100 sep.) for a combine only, and a price of 37,500 (1100 sep.),for a 42 combine only. Is it worth it for us 200 acre part time farmer to look more toward the R42IJ Just wondering what some of your own thoughts_experices were. Thanks for taking the time to read all the way down here. Ryan

lbran

The new cab is extremely nice. They have done a great job. Don't know if the small post will be a problem for view of header but the competition has them so if they like it so be it. I would recommend staying out of the trees with any combine. Not only do they scratch, they break things off that don't need breaking. The new footrest are a cool item. I didn't like seeing them when I first seen the cab but once I set in the cab, I realized it is a handy item and I like it. Everybody trade this winter for the new ones and buy stock before you do!

Tom_Russell

You would really appreciate an R series if you spend much time unplugging your F2. A feeder house reverser is great when a slug of weedy beans decides to go in the machine crooked. I had a very low hour l2 for corn and a low hour M2 for beans on relatively small acreage. I am super satisfied with the R60 and wouldnt even think of running a conventional machine today. F2s are very popular in my part of the world, as are l2s and M2s. I dont know how you would find a buyer but you might give it some thought. Tom in MN