Combines Is the weight right on these new combinesIJIJIJIJIJIJ

doc_m

Why change lot when you have the best, most simple machine and have had since the early 80'sIJIJIJIJ

T__langan

The cab is considerably larger, so some additional weight can be from that. Heavier final drives will add some. Some weight will no doubt be added by (probably) a larger hydraulic pump to run the straw and chaff spreaders. The platform on the right side of the cab too. As for sheet metal changes - I agree that a styled cover for the swing-out unloader ram would've been nice, however if I were to choose the turret (not a chance!),I'd rather opt for the bin capacity than to have the verticle part of the turret to be inside the hopper like our friends machines. I'm sure it also keeps production costs down too since as the machines roll down the assembly line the turret can be put on as easily as the swing-out without having to have an entirely different hopper to accomodate the turret. I might hang for this, but I'd really like to see plastic side panels to replace the sheet metal. It sure would be easy for them to put some smooth lines and style them better. Tom langan

SilverTurnedGreen

CAUGHT YA'!!! ;-) Is this the same Tom langan that was soliciting for "Green Puddle Picker-Uppers" several years ago when Deere introduced thier plastic side panels on thier 50 series combinesIJ Oh yeah, the Deere's were having a little electrical-fire problem; - never mind! By the way, Tom, did you see any evidience of a possible C65 combine to replace the C62IJ John Ferguson

Illinois_Gleaner

Silverturnedgreen, Why did you sign your post John FergusonIJIJ Illinois Gleaner

Illinois_Gleaner

You got to be kidding that is my name. Illinois Gleaner

SilverTurnedGreen

Seems we have more than "Gleaner Ownership" in common there, John! ;-)

Illinois_Gleaner

STG, I always said that I would name my boy if I had one, Massey. My wife changed that thought I have a Austin instead. What part of Canada are you fromIJ I live in south central Ill. Grow corn beans and wheat. Have 2 Gleaners a 62 and 72.Why did you turn from the gleaners, except for the C62IJ Must be a straw thingIJ Illinois Gleaner (the other John Ferguson)

SilverTurnedGreen

Illinois Gleaner, (aka John Ferguson, or is it the other way aroundIJ),I farm in Southwestern Ontario, basically within an hour of the Detroit_Windsor and Port Huron_Sarnia borders, and I primarily grow corn for Kellogg's, whites, soys, and some winter wheat as a rotation crop. In addition, I take on about 700 acres of custom harvesting yearly, primarily for the few remaining dairy farmers in my neighborhood. The reason for my abandonment of the Gleaner rotaries was on account of two years of really bad experiences with our first and only N6. Aside from the normal problems with the early N series, ours was an exceptional lemon with a plethora of hydraulic problems and mechanical failures, but our dealer accomodated us well by giving us our "traded" l2 back for the first season to run alongside the N6. I bought my first Deere during the second year, and traded the N6 many years later. The C62 works very well, although it's a little rough on the straw, especially since I've installed a modified concave and walker retarders. I realize the new Gleaners are totally different (and greatly improved) over the N series; - I'll reconsider them next year when I'm ready to deal the C62. I enjoy my Deere 9650, but I'll probably never own two of them simultaneously.