Combines yall ever herd of a long combine

• Thread starter Neal_Miller_s_Custom_Farm_Toys
  • Start date

Neal_Miller_s_Custom_Farm_Toys

Yeah, there was a guy over west of us that had one. It sat in an old shed for years and they sold it at his estate sale in the spring of 2000. I don't know much about them other than they were made overseas. I was told once that they were made in Italy, but I am not at all certain if that was right. That one was a long 5000 model I believe. Its color was blue, and at a distance it sort of resembled the German-made Class_Ford combines. Also, I can almost guarantee that parts for them would be nearly impossible to get in here in the U.S.A. Neal A. Miller

kenjar

If I recall correctly the long combines were made in Poland. Bizon would have been the manufacturer,they are now owned by CNH. The 5000 had a 415ci 130 hp leyland engine. It featured a 49in cylinder and 130 bu grain bin. There were a few running in the NE Texas area back in the late 70's_early 80's.

balibinka61

Long 5000 grain combine

Yeah, there was a guy over west of us that had one. It sat in an old shed for years and they sold it at his estate sale in the spring of 2000. I don't know much about them other than they were made overseas. I was told once that they were made in Italy, but I am not at all certain if that was right. That one was a long 5000 model I believe. Its color was blue, and at a distance it sort of resembled the German-made Class_Ford combines. Also, I can almost guarantee that parts for them would be nearly impossible to get in here in the U.S.A. Neal A. Miller

Hello Mr. Miller !! MY NAME IS MICHAEL Z... I HAVE BEEN TRYING HARD TO FIND
ONE OF THE LONG COMBINES... ITS BEEN ALMOST 40 YEARS SINCE THEY CAME FROM OVERSEES.. PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN LIKE LOOKING FOR A NEEDLE IN A HAY STACK !!!
I KNOW ORIGINALY ABOUT 220 CAME OVER TO TARBORRO, NC. AND WERE SENT ALL OVER THE US. ... WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A PHOTO OF ONE ... OR WHERE ABOUTS IN YOUR AREA THAT ONE ENDED UP BEING SOLD TO ?... I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP... I HAVE PHOTOS FOR YOU AND DEALERS BROCHURE WHICH SHOWS THE
LONG 5000 GRAIN COMBINE ... HUGE THANK YOU...