Combines Corn Head Tin

D_Mayes

I like the low tin better. Seems like less ears tumble forward onto the ground. Broken and down stalks feed into the auger better.

brent_56

We run the black head and have no problem with the low tins it seems to do a good job of not loosing ears. just make shure the rubber stoppers are in place above the snapping rolls or you will lose lots of ears.

dairyman

Most of the tin I've seen from black heads at salvage yards are no better than what I needed to replace. The back ends seem to get chewed up by the chains. I found some nearly new Hugger tin and managed to pull the back angle piece off that and retrofit it to the black head divider. Needed to be trimmed a little to clear the chain, but the rivet holes matched up. The Hugger divider is about 2" shorter and had some other minor differences from the black heads, or I would have used the complete assembly. Hugger tin is easier to find in good shape as some guys converted their heads to poly. Check with a dealer to see if he has any take-offs lying around.

jbirnsch

Brass brazing rod and lots of it. We had the chain come off last year and suck the back of the tin back onto itself and ripped the bolt holes out. We pounded it straight, brazed washers over the ripped out holes and brazed the cracks. looks good as new. We need to braze patches over the corners of the ear savers and fix some more cracks. The key to brazing is clean metal, no rust, and the right temperature with a small tip on the torch. I looked for aftermarket poly tin and none is to be had for the lM black heads. lots of red and green options for poly. We have a 6 row G orange head with nearly new tin but it is different. Jason