Combines Trouble With Air DeflectorIJ

Cleaner

Hi Bulldogger, You will notice that the panel extends slightly under the sieves, so when the machine is shut off and the air pressure in the system gradually reduces, you will find that some of the remaining kernels that are still filtering through the combine will tend to fall on top of the panel and into the fan housing. As for the dirty sample, certain conditions may possibly require different fan settings. All I can suggest now is that you start factory recommendations and increase again from there in increments between 30-60 rpm while under load. I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to call at any time if you have any concerns. Phil and Craig Meyers FutureFarmingSolutions 1-866-404-2050

mick

I just installed defelector in 2366 and 2188. So far we have had no luck getting soybeans cleaner than without deflector. Have tried different fan setting, etc. We are getting dry threshed pods that are very light but end up in the sample and in the return. Apparently, we both are doing something wrong, or they just won't work on all applications.

St

I had the same problem in wheat and canola,as soon as I started pushing it harder I started getting alot of chaff and then plug the return.I have a peterson top seive and started out at 5_8 open TOO WIDE! Closed it down to under 1_2 and it made a tremendous difference! I can maintain a much greater speed and throw very little over.Ilike the airflow panel,keep your fan speed up though.

Farm_Kid2

Bulldogger, Did you figure out what was going on with the oatsIJ I have no experience with them. Did the settings you refer to work before the deflector was installedIJ Mike

Bulldogger

That was our first time harvesting oats with a CIH rotary. All we ended up doing was closing the top sieve off about 1_16 and opening the bottom sieve up about a 1_16 and those problems never happened again. We were initially both concerned and confused by the grain in the fan because we had never experienced that before, however, I think Cleaner has explained how and why that occurred. We will continue to monitor (try to) changes in the 2388 with the addition of the deflector. Kevin

Farm_Kid2

That makes sense. I'll look forward to hearing how your machine does in the crops you are familiar with. With these rotors it seems like you have to find the right combination for each crop, but in my opinion it is a lot easier with the deflector installed because you can over-thresh the crop and dump a lot of material on the chaffer without causing much of a problem. Did you happen to have the keystock grates in when you tried the oatsIJ

duncan

I just installed the air deflector in a short sieve 1680. I am also getting dry, threshed pods in the sample. Does anyone have any suggestionsIJ