Combines Shoe fan

PETE

R.O.M., Can we also use this tool to see how full of hot air tbran isIJ Or do we need a tool that compensates for temperature and moistureIJ Just thought I would ask..... Pete Hinrichsen

swtvid

I was talking to neighbor that has the N6; he has been cutting alfalfa seed with it. He said he put in a small seed kit which shuts off the air to as roller (I guess the air goes out the holes that ROM first posted about) would have to do that with the M for small seed cropsIJ I was thinking about the 70s my mother got a very expensive calculator maybe late 60s or very early 70s by 77 there where scientific calculators that was cheaper then the one she got. Transistor took over all tubes in the same time frame. My brother before me would have used slide roller, did not ever us one. Now my kid use one that dose a lot lot lot more then my scientific did that is cheaper then my scientific was and transistors are taken over by micro chips. Thank I really appreciate the info Dee That fan that take 200 HP is it driven by PTO or hydraulicsIJ

R_O_M

Well as the pitot tube is only a few millimetres in diameter I can think of a couple of entry points where it could be applied. No doubt there is a considerable amount of air flow from both those entry points, particularly after some of that southern cuisine and moonshine and an engagement with his MIl so it would be interesting to measure the velocities of any expelled airflow. The tube is stainless so no problems with moisture or corrosive substances and data tables are supplied to enable corrections for temperature. Do not do any tests while Tbran's MIl is around as the tables will not extend far enough to cover his increase in temperature.

R_O_M

The small seeds kit did not work for us. When folded up to the top of the sieve duct for normal grains operation, it badly disturbed the airflow to the sieves with a lot of small dust fines and a much worse sample of grain in the bin plus increased losses over the sieves. To prevent this problem re-occurring, we made a removable small seeds blanking kit for the sieve's fan duct, which could be installed and removed in a few minutes through the holes in the side walls and down through the pressure relief slot in the top of the fan duct. However we found that the addition of a high removeable tailings board on the back of the sieves as suggested by NDDan gave just as much ability to retain small seeds as reducing the airflow from the fan by means of a perforated plate small seeds kit. The pasture seeds harvesting machine required a 400HP Cat 3406 to drive it. The big poly V belt driven suction fan took close to 200 of this HP to drive.