Combines Air Deflector in Soybeans

Farm_Kid2

The defector allows you to run higher fan speeds. Can you increase the fan speed without blowing beans out the backIJ Do you have a feel for the return volume and the chaffer loss compared to beforeIJ I would try pinching down on both the chaffer and the shoe while increasing the fan speed. When the amount of return gets high or the chaffer loss increases, you know you've gone too far. I'm afraid that varied crop conditions may make it difficult to swap "proven" settings with others. We have the factory grain loss monitor and installed a return volume monitor. This really helps fine tune the settings and react to changes in the crop on a daily basis.

mick

We installed the air deflector in a 2188 and a 2366. like you we saw no difference in the sample. We talked to the manufacturer and tried his suggestions, but we still did not see a difference. We would also like to know if there is something we are missing. I have a feeling that we should have saved our money. It may be one of those "live and learn" situations.