Combines gleaner alerts

Tim

does any one else have problems withover heatimg on the 98 R72. and what can we do to prevent this from happening.

tbran

As I was trying to remember all the things I have had to do to my R50 on another post, I remembered a tip on breakage of fan shaft. We have determined this problem occurs when an object like a hard low moisture corn cob gets between the fan sprocket and the chain. We noticed we were seeing too many shafts break during late corn shelling season. Mine broke and took out the clean grain auger as well. The Fix to this is to make a spring loaded idler for the lH shoe drive chain. The later series have a belt drive and no reported failures. The RH idler off a l or M lower raddle drive works fine. Weld a Stud to the frame and attach idler and a spring and MAKE SURE CHAIN IS lENGHTENED BY AT lEAST 8 lINKS. Since we have started this we have had O failures. Again we only broke them in late season corn so correlation was our observation. Hope this might help.

john_deere

The main shaft must be torqued to specs. about 425lbs I think! we replaced main cylinder drive belt and didnot torque shaft! probably tightened to around 300lbs and 4 days later the shaft, which is 4 inches in diameter, broke in halfin the middle! will cost you at least 1200 dollars!if your lucky! be sure and torque to 98 specs! DAVID

Charlie

I am neding a wiring diagram for my Gleaner E combine and also the oil filter number for my Gleaner and anyplace in Indiana I could buy a used exaust manafold.

wheatwacker

Have a R62 with 36 ft header would like to go on a bit of a harvest run in the states, is there any cutters out there that could use a extra machineIJ would look after my self. e mail me Byron

tbran

We have run into several cases where hyd. oil is right on the verge of triggering the warning light for temp. In each case when everything else checked OK we ran a voltage check on Master Valve and found 8-9 V. The source of this was faulty Auto Header Height Control Module. This partial engagement of the master valve causes intermittant heating problems. Especially the non seal-pac'd old open type module that was SUPPOSED to have been changed out. If you have this symptom try this check. The second leading cause of hot oil is a leaky RWA motor that is bypassing case drain oil to reservoir. Of course the obvious should be checked first but these are a couple of things that we overlooked that were hard to find but are showing up more as the age of machines increase. Keep in mind that if you have an old HHC module that you can see the diodes and transistors you have a module that is not powered by the engagement of the sep. and could be a safety problem. As always be SAFE!!!!

strawboss

I would like to hear from anyone that has found aftermarket parts that would increase the capacity of an l2, especaly in the concave

Keith_williams

When you replace sealed bearings do you use sealed again or the type you can greaseIJ

Blue

My pacer guage pegs out in the red when it starts to get humid out ! and it dosen`t make any difference if I put the selector knob on the shoe or cylinder or both. Where do I start to look for this problemIJ

Hyperized_l3

I'm looking for a 15'-20' Series III flex head for a Gleaner l3 if anyone has one reply to this message