Combines gleaner alerts

Craig_Shaw

Just wanted to let producers know that if they have what is know as a R70-72 model and have trouble with the rear tranfer augers plugging in tough broadleaf crops there is a solution. The problem is that too much material is coming through the rotor and can't be fed to the accelerator rolls fast enough. Cure is to cut back the flighting and add longer paddles to move the material more quickly. Don't think Agco did a very good job in updating the problem machines.

Curly

I recently installed a Microtrak Graintrak monitor on an R72. The grain sensor works great but the moisture sensor location is a joke. I purchased the bin loader extension bracket from Microtrak but it locates the sensor out of the tube and prevents the grain from being pressed over the sensor. Evidently Gleaner will not cover any damage done if the sensor is mounted in the bin tube like the JD 9600 or Case models. Has anyone had experience mounting the sensor either in the middle of the bin loader or in the cross auger tube under the seive.

bird

To feed short beans into the header the reel needs to be run within 3-4 inches of the cutter bar. When you go over a ground hog hole or stone the cutter bar comes up and cuts off the fingers of the reel. If you raise the reel up higher the short beans will not feed in and will slug the feeder house. Would appreicate any experiences you may have had and your solution. This is a new style head and we have had to replace the fingers on the reel.

Fastrac

We have had the same problem with the slats breaking on one side. I think they just tried to cut cost but mad more repair costs. It just carries too much weight and flow of material is too great to support it. BAD DESIGN. We have just purchsed a new R-62 and it will have the Turret unloading auger on it what are some of your opinions on itIJIJ

Dave

I have three N7 combines in a custom combining operation. Two of these combines suffer from heating problems during the day, especially when the outside temperature rises over 25 degrees celcius or Seventy five degrees farenheit. They also operate very well if they are not pushed to put out more than ten to twelve pounds boost pressure. Constant fifteen pounds plus boost pressures and heating problems occur. I have recently tried an R62 with less than 200 hours on its engine, same difficulties. Push it in hot weather and it heats. I have also heard that Gleaners don't like to run during the day, but they will run all night no problem. Are there any solutions or suggestions to these difficultiesIJ

michigan

i cant get the concaves closer than 5 eights , also rock door will not swing clear down.

Dan

On N7 and R7s check the fuel return on very top center of engine where it is secured with a clamp to see it isn't wearing threw and also check the fuel supply lines to pump that there clamps are not wearing threw line. Also on them machines check the bolts right in between the two heads to see that the washer or flange on the bolts are not cracked. You should scrape with oring pick to verify there is no crack for if they are cracked the head gasket may blow. On all machines check battery positive cables to see they are not rubbing on anything and wearing thin. Keep engine free of any leaks and keep engine compartment clean of any straw, chaff, or oil buildup. Drag a chain to help prevent static buildup especially with flax in the right conditions. Doing all this will drastically reduce chance of FIRE. Have a great day. Dan

tbran

We have had rwa failures due to lack of service. Once a year jack up the rear wheel, check the brg. play. The early AC rwa's use different thickness snap rings to set clearance instead of tightening a nut like you SHOUlD do on a 2wd. Failure to do this lets the straight cut gears pull on an angle and will fail them. This is especially important on older machines! Check em out. Parts are high $$ to fix and used ones are impossible to find...