Combines Fire prevention

tbran

Ditto Dan. Also on R40 50 if one overfills the grain bin, grain can run down the back slope and enter the hole ex. pipe sticks out of . It can build up on manifold. We put baffle deflector to prevent this. Also everone should keep the electric sep. clutch pulley inside area blown out often, as when started under load a worn clutch can emit sparks into this area. The transmission _parking brake area should also be clean. If one runs with the park brake partially on it gets HOT.(We have had customers checking out the combine and just break over center the brake handle to put the beeper off and then forget and drive off with it on.) Finally we probably, no, we did oversell the low maintainence of the Air cooled engine. Even though it doesn't have a water radiator it does have oil radiators that must be kept clean. This can be a chore unless one makes two 24"extended nozzels for air gun(or pressure washer). One with a slight bend near the tip and the other with a 90 degree bend. These can be used to make relatively simple the job of cleaning the jug cooling fins and radiators. Any DIRTY engine- air cooled or liquid cooled is a potential fire problem. leaks and trash build up are the enemy.( Most every 6 cly. Deutz I have seen has the oil cooler plugged. This is the cooler on lower lh side next to oil filter) Metal doesn't burn. I have seen some PAYMENTS get hot enough to ...........tbran

Dan

Gee I forgot a very important one. Even though these machine don't catch fire very often you should carry a all purpose extinquisher at all times. An extra would be a water based extinquisher and phone communication for every one in the field. Good day. Dan

t_leslie

any body ever thaught about an on board fire system such as they use in funny carsIJ looks like it would be simple to do, just have an spray nozzel in the engine compartment and one in the hydro area and a pull cabel near the the ladder so the opeator could activat it as he bails off.