Combines Bushings on All Torque limters need Checking

93aRRRgh_52

The inside of my feed reverser pulley looks like a woodchuck has been knawing on it(maybe it's rats),too. My mechanic says 99.9% of them look like that. Those torque limiters need to be free to move a little on that splined shaft to work properly. Unfortunately that also allows the torque limiter to constantly be working on that shaft causing wear on both pieces which soon turn into alot of play. That top feed chain pulley doesn't bother me as much as the lower feed chain pulley. See those metal hydrolic lines running be hind it next to the cabIJ That big pulley could wobble enough to start knicking those lines. Wouldn't that be fun to fix in the field,not! Updating to new shafts and torque limiters would solve some of the problems(or how about a new machineIJ) I have not had the opportunity to do either so I have applied my theory of "Maybe next year" by replacing both torque limiters(one year at a time, cough$$$$$$). You could also try reversing the upper and lower torque limiters. They mount on the shaft in different directions so that would give it a new wear surface. May not last long but might see you through until "next year". Also I grease those splined shafts to try to reduce wear alittle. Also when tensioning the feed reverse roller chain be sure not to tension that chain and put extra load on the splined shaft.