Combines r62 head temp light and engine compartment fire

NDDan

Did you remove coolers from top of engine so you could be absolute sure you have narrow passages in area of head temperature sender clean on all headsIJ Have you had the valves setIJ Are exhaust manifold shields in place and good enough condition to prevent combustables from contacting exhaust manifoldIJ Are openable shields next to front and rear sets of jugs shut properlyIJ Is sender tight in head and wire tight to itIJ Make double sure your getting the right sender or maybe your best to try another one if everything else checks out. Good luck

Mick

Dont know if this will help, but on smaller 6cyl and 4cyl Deutz engines, I have had the steel head rings suck into the combustion area, allowing the piston to hit the ring, pressing onto the head and transferring combustion temperature to the head temp sensor. remove heads, face heads and replace rings. Just check that V8 has these rings. (its been 10 or more years that I worked with these). Good luck!

D

I have R-50 combine with Deutz engine and the head light would come on at certain times and it was the wind comming off the cooling fan and moving the wires around and causing the problems. It also catches on fire during the the harvest because of the little bit of dust settleing behind the engine. That happens because the dust settles and the warm air coming by the engine heads creates heat and it starts to burn the dust. Just this past season I had three fires cutting soybeans alone.