Combines R series cylinder bars

NDDan

Yea I think there are alot of guys that have did that. Helps reduce breaking cobs when in them conditions. Hard to use up a R50 even with all the bars with a four row in our area. Should work equally as well on any Gleaner to date. Removing half the bars is just one of many things in the works that is drastically improving what the Gleaner does to the corn cob. Take Care

ahbecalm

Would the 4 bar setup work well for soy beansIJ Do you also remove the angle ironIJ Or just the rasp barIJ

NDDan

I've heard of them running soybeans and wheat with no problems in Kansas. Hard to say what would happen up north in our harder to thresh situations. St. John's six bar with his sweeps and or however Gleaner sets up there six bar with knifes or kickers may be better. I have some standard Gleaner eight bar rotors with six bars spinning in row A with sweeps in place of missing bars and the same thing in row B working very well at keeping material moving. When material keeps moving we don't get the broken cobs or whatever going to the shoe to try clean up. Some machines are running only four bars in row A with sweeps where bars are missing and the exact same thing in row B. Working very well so far. If you look at the rotors that St. John builds for other makes with just a few Gleaner bars on them it makes you think we have to many. Might be the hard thresh crops that demand more bars and Gleaner has seemed to concentrate maybe a little to much on making it work fair everywhere in every conditionIJIJ

turbo

Have you seen a 6 bar rotor. Is the one Gleaner is messing with a st. johns rotor.

NDDan

Yes. The one I saw was an enclosed six bar with cylinder bars leaning into flow just like on standard rotor. I believe it was the 25" and it had kickers to get material the last few inches to discharge area similiar to kickers that Sunnybrook gen 2 uses but neater. It had four rolled back discharge blades just like Sunnybrook. It did not have kickers or knifes inbetween the rows of discharge bars like I believe some protos have. I believe there are some 24" rotors out there and maybe some other variations. St. John rotor does not lean bars into flow and has bars extended across discharge and has sweeps on seperator side. Both the Gleaner I saw and the St. John has the bars all in line unlike the Sunnybrook gen two steggered design. The Sunnybrook don't appear to lean their bars into flow like Gleaner either. Catch you later.

silver_tech

THE GlEANER ROTOR IS BEING BUIlT BY SUNNYBROKE. 6 BARS IN A STRAIGHT lINE, I BElIEVE 23 INCHES IN DIAMETER, WITH 3 SETS OF 4 KNIFES WHICH CAN BE TAKEN OUT