Combines gleaner settings

rbryl

I have trouble with beans going over the rotor. have tried many diffrent settings nothing seem to work

lar

I have a 1996 model R42 and would like to harvest popcorn with it next fall. I understand that I will need to replace the crome bars with black. What other things should be done to be successful. thank you

Mike

have a 1994 model R42 we just boughtlast year. In wheat we have a problem with wheat going out with the straw and over the shoe. We and the dealer have tried many different settings but they do not seem to make a lot of difference. In soybeans, you can walk behind and watch beans bounce off of the shoe. Any help would be much apprciated as there are not many combines in my part of the country and even fewer people that know how to adjust them.

FOX

I can't figure out how to stop cracking too much grain in white wheat. Even with new concave and rasp bars did'nt seem to help. I use the 1_2 moon chaffer. Go pretty slow w_ cyl just enough speed to thrash heads. Cutting 160+ bu wheat not going super fast but keeping full. I'm not running too much through return. Any ideasIJ I'm starting to think that's a characteristic of Gleaners.. My sample doesn't show excessive cracking but still worried. Thanks. If you give me a good idea I'll tell you how to raise 160 bu wheat (irrigated). THANKS!! FOX

ewbeye

I have a short back 1977 k2 that I purchased last year. I use it for corn and soybean research plots. The machine runs great, except it has a hopping vibration that I have isolated to be the shoe (chaffer_sieve assembly). I just replaced the rubber bushings - only 1 was 1_2 worn thru rest were not too bad. I also changed the eccentric bearings. It still shakes. I have run the long back K2s (1978-1980's) and have not notice this problem. Is this the reason Agco built the long backs or is there other reasons for my problemIJ The vibration really plays hob with my weighing system. Thanks, Eric.

green_c

I run an R-62 that I have done some mod.,feeder shocks,extra helicals,extended rotor bars,took out every second concave wire and took out reverse bars. Tried running rotor around 500 with concave open to about 6 - 8 ,but rotor loss in a light barley crop was 1 - 2 bus_acre. Got into some better barley (70bpa) and rotor loss went up (3-4, not 3_4) until I sped up the rotor to 900 and tightened concave up to 3 - 4. This then consumes more power,more fuel etc. Where did I screw up IJIJIJIJIJ

John

All of our beans this year are going for seed. In the past we have had many problems with cracking way too many beans. Currently it is set up with a channel concave in n1, and half-rounds at n2, 4, and 6. 20in. pulley on cyl. drive. I've heard about running filler bars. How many do you runIJ What are the advantages of using filler barsIJ What are the disadvantages of using filler bars all the timeIJ We have Sunnybrook wide-spaced cyl. bars new before wheat harvest this past summer. What cyl. clearance do you runIJ What speedIJ Thank you for all of your help, John.

Daren955

Having trouble cracking beans. Stalks have a little green yet. Concave open 3_4" Is this too far. It really seems to be groaning alot. How should it be set up. Beans tested 14.3 moisture.

daren955

l2 cutting soybeans. 3_4" 620 cyl spd. I have the perforated door in the clean grain. Do I need to take out the sheets under the sieves. Cracking more than I like. Will the cut out cylinder bars help this. Do they also work on Milo and wheat. I don't seem to be running much grain in the return just hulls. I have an air foil chaffer with the fan set on 6.5. Any suggestions.